- What is the history of the Company? (When was the Company founded?)
- The Company was founded on September 2, 1922, as Meguro-Kamata Electric Railway Company. It changed its name to Tokyo-Yokohama Electric Railway Company in October 1939. In May 1942, the Company merged with Keihin Electric Railway Company (now Keikyu Corporation) and Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd., and became Tokyu Corporation. After the Second World War, the Company executed a corporate reorganization, and Keio Teito Electric Railway (now Keio Corporation), Keikyu Corporation, and Odakyu Electric Railway were spun-off in 1948. Since then, Tokyu Corporation has focused on railway operations in suburban Tokyo, real estate and life service businesses in areas served by Tokyu lines.
- When did the Company list its shares?
- The Company listed its shares on May 16, 1949.
- Where does the Company list its shares?
- The Company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- What is the Company's securities code?
- It is 9005.
- When is the fiscal year end?
- The fiscal year end is March 31.
The quarterly term ends are June 30, September 30 and December 31. Quarterly results are posted in the Event Calendar.
- What is the status of shares (the shares outstanding and the number of shareholders, etc.)?
- As of September 30, 2013, the shares outstanding was 1,263,525,752, and the number of shareholders was 90,749.